Assumed Name for a business may be conducted in person, on the website, or by
mail. Sorry, we DO NOT accept telephone requests for business name searches.
Procedures to Search an Assumed Name:
searches can be conducted in person at the County Clerk's
Office free of charge, at any time. Our Assumed Names are located in our
Official Public Records Database and we also have several years’ worth of books
that contain nothing but Assumed Names. These records are open to the public.
Public Records can be found and searched on our website www.countygovernmentrecords.com.
- Order by sending a written request to:
100 W. Mulberry
- The request should include the name and
owner of the business.
- Check or money order, payable to the County Clerk, must accompany the written
request. The non-refundable search fee is $10 per name and this amount
includes a copy of the certificate, if found. A "No Record
Statement" will be issued if a record is not found.
- The non-refundable search fee is $10 per
name and includes a copy of the certificate, if found, or a "No
Record Statement" will be issued if a record is not found.
Type of Payments Accepted
- Cash (for your protection, please
don’t mail cash!)
- Check or Money Order – Made payable to
Laura Hughes County Clerk
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American
Express or Discover. Must include a daytime phone number if you are
paying by credit card.